Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Skinny Rednecks and Snowy Octobers

Here are a few more glimpses of life in Ohio. First of all, I live in Geauga County, but I call it "Racoon County" because Geauga is derived from Sheauga, an Indian word meaning Racoon.
IT'S SNOWING IN OHIO!!! THE POW POW IS GONNA BE GNARLY! SICK-BIRD!!! (Non-skier's translation: "The skiing will be good. Wonderful.")

I love it. My lungs were forgetting the crisp cool air that snow brings with it. Although in all honesty, I could have used a little more fall, as it is the most gorgeous time of year to be in Ohio. But I tell you what, I'll take what I can get. I'm not in control of the letting of the Heavenly storehouses, so to speak.

The drive to work. Later in the day, it was fully white-out; and later that night, I was able to execute the year's first donuts in the ole' Jeep.

Big Mike just got back from a month-long RV trip, where he grew that gnarly beard. Unforunately, he shaved it before I could fully document it. But here's the two of us on Saturday before we attended a Catholic wedding, which is the complete opposite of where my friend Kristin and I went the next day: went to Mt. Zion Fellowship of the Brethren in Cleveland. More on that to come in the near future when I can give it the time it deserves... it's worth the wait.

This skinny redneck is my great friend Jon-David Joseph Reeves. I was his best man in his wedding almost 5 years ago. He currently lives in a remodeled barn with his wife and two young boys, Solomon David and Samson (catching a little theme here?). He's not as right-wing nutjob or redneck as it would appear, but sufficed to say he and his wife Jen seriously considered hiring a mid-wife so their son could literally be born in a barn.

Life in Northeast Ohio is rich... rich in color and humidity? Yes. But especially rich in relevant and appropriate absurdity. Stay tuned; there is so much more to come.

3 Comments:

At 4:41 AM, Blogger THE BELOVED said...

you dont look weird! dont listen to your friend marco! hahaha
hope your day is "swell" and I will see you tonight!
later tater!
KRIS KRIS

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger rustafarian said...

bri, i went boarding yesterday at A-basin! it was awesome, i'm getting the hang of it. shaka brah!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger jaybird said...

so how does a snowy October compare to the cold November rain? Where's Axl Rose when you need him?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home